Thursday, July 13, 2006

Twenty Epics

Twenty Epics is now available to order, and co-editor David Moles is hosting a virtual launch party on his blog to help get the word out. I've been looking forward to this one for quite a while, partly because David's taste in stories tends to run quite similarly to my own, partly because of the authors involved, and partly because of the concept behind the anthology:

Epics have lost their charm. There was a time when you finished an epic. When an epic left you feeling not discontent and exhausted, but joyous, melancholy, rejuvenated, satisfied -- left you feeling that you were a better person for the experience. TWENTY EPICS will bring that feeling back. In ten thousand words or less.

In what way is that not cool?

In addition to being the first print venue to feature one of my stories within its pages, the previous tome from All-Star Stories, All-Star Zeppelin Adventure Stories, also partly inspired the Zeppelin, a hero from the 40s who is still running around today in the pages of OLD SCHOOL, the comic series I'm developing for Arcana Studio.

I haven't read Twenty Epics yet (just ordered my copy this evening), but I imagine anyone who liked my Dead God stories will enjoy it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home