Monday, December 19, 2005

Writing links

Scott Adams (creator of Dilbert) on humor:

In order for something to be funny, you need at least two of the following elements:
Cute (as in kids and animals)
Naughty
Bizarre
Clever
Recognizable (You’ve been there)
Cruel

(Screenwriter) Ken Levine on your chances of becoming a writer:

Whenever I teach a writing class I always start by saying "there are (let's say) thirty in the class. Two of you will make it." If you hear that and go "Jesus, those are terrible odds. How am I gonna compete with that?" you're dead. However, if you say "Hmmm? Me and who else?" then read on. You've got a chance.

(Screenwriter) Joshua Friedman on sex scenes:

STUDIO EXECUTIVE: So, Josh. This sex scene. It...it got me very sexually stimulated.
ME: It got me very sexually stimulated while I wrote it.
STUDIO EXECUTIVE: I always wondered if that happened.
ME: Of course it does. These types of sex acts described or acted out always get me stimulated.
STUDIO EXECUTIVE: Me too. I'm hoping we can find a director who also gets sexually excited by the same things.
ME: I hear Ridley's available.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home